For our media coursework we had to develop an opening sequence of a film. a lot of work had to be done to ensure that it was a sucsesful production that would encourage veiwers to watch the rest of the film if it was to be fully produced into a full film.
As a group we needed to work together and split the work aproprietly and fairly. I felt we worked well and we managed to complete our opening sequence in good quality. Our group started with four members but was then reduced to three. We had to make some changes in our film that we had not anticipated puting into the final in the pre production report in our story board and our scripts. These were changes that as a group we decided had to be done to improve our film to try and achive a more profesional outcome which would benefit all.
Looking back at the prelimonary task, what do you feel like you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
In the prelimonary task i had a central acting role and did not get thew oppotunity to do any camera work. This was disapionting becaus it is an interesting and fun job. But in our opening sequence i had a key role doing most of the camera work which for me was new and i became a lot more familia with it. It little bit of trial and error took place and we had to take quite a few shots to get it right at first but in the end i became comfortable with it and enjoyed it.
I also feel that tho the prelimonary task was a sucsess I feel that in the opening sequence production I learnt and grew with confinece in many different areas. Firstly I think I made huge improvements in the edit suite. In the prelimonary task I played a central acting role but stuggled with the editing side of things. Editing was not easy for me and I did not have the confidence to edit our film by my self. But this time around I was a lot more confident after learning a bit from the prelimonary task and then having a play around in the edit suite which improved my abilities a lot. I made a good contribution to the editing of our opening sequence and became quite quick with it after several sessions ajusting our film. There were some areas that I still struggled with for example logging all our data was tedius at times and I struggled at first but with help from my group we completed the logging and I understood it well.
In our prelimonary task it was our first ever (for most of us) time we had ever had to produce a mini film. I think we were unorganised and could have done certain things a lot better if it had been planned to a better standard. This time around we were a lot stronger as a group and all made valuable contributions to the production of our opening scene. Our opening sequnce is much more diverse and is filmed in four different locations unlike the prelimonary tasks which was only set in one. This shows how we have developed and improved with our organisation methods.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment